Aetna (NYSE: ΑET) is one of the nation's
leaders in health care, dental, pharmacy, group life, and disability insurance, and employee benefits. Dedicated to helping people achieve health and financial security, Aetna puts information and
helpful resources to work for its members to help them make better-informed decisions about their health care. (as of March 31, 2012)
- 17.915 million medical members
- 13.613 million dental members
- 8.643 million pharmacy members
Health care networks:
- More than 1 million health care professionals
- More than 580,000 primary care doctors and specialists
- More than 5,400 hospitals
- A network of specialist physicians, recognized with Aexcel® designation, based on clinical performance and cost efficiency1
Products and programs:
- Aetna offers a broad range of insurance and employee benefits products.
- The first national, full-service health insurer to offer a consumer-directed health plan, Aetna continues to lead the way with its Aetna HealthFund2 line of products, including HSA,
HRA and RRA options.
- Aetna offers a wide array of programs and services that help control rising employee benefits costs while striving to improve the quality of health care, such as case management; disease
management and patient safety programs; integrated medical, dental, pharmaceutical, behavioral health and disability information.
- Aetna provides members with access to convenient tools and easy-to-understand information that can help them make better-informed decisions about their health and financial wellbeing.
- Aetna provides benefits through employers in all 50 states, with products and services targeted specifically to small, mid-sized and large multi-site national employers.
- Aetna also serves individuals and Medicare and Medicaid beneficiaries in certain markets.